Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Winter Wonder II~Monarchs in the Afternoon

I got my wish and went to Ardenwood Farm to see the Monarchs again.  One of my best friends went with me, and we both thought the trip worthwhile. What do you think?

This afternoon was warmer, in the upper 50's, sunnier, and as I predicted, the butterflies were more active. If you'll scroll up to the previous Winter Wonder post, you'll see less orange of the open wings showing than you do today.




Once the naturalist arrived and set up the spotting scope again, I took this lovely shot.



Here's a solitary butterfly on a eucalyptus leaf. Does this give you an idea of the numbers you might see high in the trees?


Now use your imagination to see a Monarch poised on my navy blue wind breaker. Yes, that happened! I called out to my friend Karen to see it and photograph it, but it flew away.


Imagining 
With Heart

1 comment:

  1. When a monarch shows up in south Louisiana, I'll ask ..."do you know Wild Heart?"

    ReplyDelete