Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Frequent Visitor

Here's the text message from my brother this afternoon:

            I seem to be Tidbitless  :-(

I had to come in here and put on some Tidbits from the Wild Heart for him while supper is cooking.

I'm drawn to the heron that is at the creek almost every time I take my daily walk. I told my favorite walking partner that the frequent sight of the heron is a sign of a healthy creek. 

That thought leads me to all the discussions we have with the Trout in the Classroom students and the Earth Savers environmental club students over the benefits of a healthy watershed. 


That thought led me to one of the responses to our Aqua Words poems. So even though it is still winter...

                                               

We can daydream about the 'safe stillness of August' of this poetic response from a friend...

 The safe stillness of August at dusk 
the lazy lapping of the swimming pool 
tells the tale of little swimmers gone away for now 
a girl gazes, first at her father 
then up to the milky way 
listening to the hum of the crickets 
the water slows to stillness 
their voices join the music of the night


Tidbits
With Heart

1 comment: