Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Las Trampas Hike in a Bag

As I started up Elderberry Trail at Las Trampas Regional Wilderness on Monday afternoon, the battery on my camera died. I was momentarily bummed until I decided I'd collect a Hike in a Bag to send to my grandson, the preschool naturalist.


I'll ask him, 'Can you find these nature artifacts?'

A yellow leaf with stickery edges, a brown leaf that looks like a flying bunny, 2 insect-yummy bay leaves, see through feathers, lichen sticks, a buckeye, green moss from a tree trunk, a heart rock, acorn with its cap on, and a feathery-ferny leaf.

Then because I always take a picture in my mind of the wonders I see, 
I sketch when I get home. 


5 Senses Hike

I see a family of Black-tailed Deer eating grass and resting on the hill.
Mmm. I smell California Bay Laurel leaves.
'Hoo, hoo, hoo.' I hear Great Horned Owl calling from his tree.
Climbing the trail I am thirsty. Water from my bottle tastes good.
Green moss on the Dark Woods tree trunks feels like your hair when I rub it.

Hiking 
With Heart



No comments:

Post a Comment