Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pt. Reyes National Seashore

Spring break has been a wonderful stay-cation for me. I've rested, read, clutter-busted a little bit, and taken some great day trips. Pt. Reyes National Seashore was our first stop on Monday. It's a place our daughters will tell you we return to over and over again. I never tire of it!


This is one of my favorite views. It's from the headland on the way to the light house and its 309 steps. You're looking north where the beach swings around to Tomales Point which I have hiked 4.5 miles to land's end and back!


There were huge stumps and logs washed up on the beach this time. 
This one reminded me of a wooly walrus. Check out the close-up below.


North Beach is a good site for beach combing for flotsam and other treasures. Mark picked up this yellow striped rock to show me and said it's really prettier seen in the context of it's setting.

  
When I set the rock back down with the other rocks, I agreed with him.


I staged some of my treasures. If you click on the picture you can see them better. There are gooseneck barnacles, a crab shell, walnut shells, beautiful bark, rocks, heart stones, sand dollar pieces, and something fluffy.


This beautiful piece of driftwood made a perfect seat for me.


Another favorite view is of the cows grazing where I can just look a little farther and see the ocean. If you click on this picture you can see the purple Douglas Irises that I was actually trying to capture. This is wildflower season at Pt. Reyes.

Relaxing 
With Heart



2 comments:

  1. Wish we were there with you. This is next best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the impromtu collage of found items. What a great way to collect! It's wonderful that you and Mark like to wander together and seek out these beautiful spots. Wonder, wander, seek, love.

    ReplyDelete