Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Nature Booking Long Distance

You might remember that I had a chance to do some nature discovery with my 3 year old grandson when I visited him across the country. 

                                           

June Bug discovery!
Quick! Get the bug box!
Observe. Talk. Write?
Mama, we need a journal.


Now we're separated 
By a day of flying.
How do we partner 
With this Nature-Booking?


The boy and his mama
Go outside and discover.
Observe. Talk. Show Brother.
Mama, let's call SweetHart.


I Google and send a link
While Mama does her 24/7.
They study; print a picture.
Trim. Glue. Write a story.

The book is special because it started out as a dream book for a young woman with a few pictures and quotes in it. When the son needed a journal, the mother quickly found her book. I took it home with me and just added little boy pictures and nature notes to it. Now it's on its way back to my grandson and his mother.

Check out these 2 links to see their tent caterpillar discoveries and their turtle visitor. 

http://trahanshappenings.blogspot.com/2012/03/bugs.html

http://trahanshappenings.blogspot.com/2012/04/turtle.html


Satisfied
With Heart

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't wait to make an entry or two and send it back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a love story

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is nature-booking taken to new and inspired levels. Would that all youngins could be exposed to this kind of careful and creative discovery. I can tell that the kids are just eatin it up. So proud of them and YOU!

    ReplyDelete