Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Mother-in-Love

I have a Mother-in-Love, and I'm married to her son. 

To honor her I'm changing the template for this blog in hopes she can receive my posts on her Presto Machine where she can receive email. Bear with me while I work on design.


Here she is in 2000 enjoying life and the shade of a tree with her granddaughter, my daughter Karen. The location is just a few blocks from where her early childhood nature memories occurred.

When I asked her what outdoor experiences she had as a little girl, she was delighted to quickly tell me, "I grew up in a tree! A willow tree. I'd go up there to read. I sat in a crotch in the tree to read."

She also recalled that she and her brother John dug a tunnel in the yard that they could crawl into. When they finished that, they'd go out into the woods and swing on vines.

To Mary Hart from your Daughter-in-Love,
With Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment