Friday, July 20, 2012

The Excellent Adventure, Eastern Sierra 2012

We go 'to the other side' every year, the eastern side of the Sierras, south of Bridgeport and north of Mono Lake. It's beautifully rugged country, oceans of sagebrush, aspens, and mountains all around.


This is Leavitt Falls, the perfect view for our lunch of sandwiches and iced tea. Let your eye follow the path of the water from the top of the picture to the pool below. I imagine being able to reach the pool and stand behind the falling water.


This bold golden-mantled ground squirrel really wanted a bread crumb, but he was satisfied with a chunk of Mark's banana. He begged for more.


If you've followed the blog, you've already seen this picture. We go up Virginia Creeks Road, park the car, and walk our chairs and lunch up to this lovely place. We didn't see anyone else all day.


I want to learn how to draw a landscape without drawing every leaf. I try to get the shape and branching pattern of different kinds of trees and wildflowers.


This is cold Virginia Creek. I can't pass a creek without taking my shoes off and getting my feet wet.

Sharing Good Times 
With Heart



No comments:

Post a Comment