Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

As a child I heard my mother singing songs she loved;
Que Sera Sera-What Will Be, Will Be sung by Doris Day,
When I Fall in Love sung by Nat King Cole,
And the old hymn In the Garden.

That last song is the one I'm thinking of today as I am walking 'in the garden.'

"I come to the garden alone while the dew is still on the roses.
And the voice I hear falling on my ear the Son of God discloses."

Come celebrate new life and fresh starts with me as I stroll around my backyard.



Mark alerted me to the first California Poppy of the season. See the green buds that look like trumpets.


The white Azaleas are opening their faces to the sun each day.


I don't know what this wonderful bulb is, but it has delighted me every Spring since Karen and I planted a variety of bulbs in the shortened days of fall several years ago. The purple buds in the center will continue to burst into bright stars.

Go outside. Take your camera. Look through a fresh lens for signs of life.
Listen to the birds, the frogs, the wind, the rain.

"He speaks and the sound of his voice is so sweet the birds hush their singing.
And the melody that he gives to me within my heart is ringing."

Be Refreshed and Renewed
With Heart

Happy Easter, Mama



1 comment:

  1. I am refreshed and renewed by your exquisite flower pictures. I love getting my bit of nature from California. love, Amy

    ReplyDelete