Friday, March 29, 2013

Swamper

 Swamper: Letters from a Louisiana Swamp Rabbit.
by Amy Griffin Ouchley

My copy arrived today!


I was eager to return from my daily nature walk
so I could go to Redwood Corner to read.


In this book, a swamp rabbit shares his life and his environment
with his human friends through twelve letters.


This beautifully written book meets the requirements of all ages of humans
who enjoy the wonders of nature.
It also meets standard requirements in life and environmental sciences
for 4th through 7th grades. It is reader friendly.


My literary sister-in-law Sheri, made sure to be present at Amy's first book signing
at Grandmother's Buttons in St. Francisville, LA.


You can see that my brother Bryan was very smug because he got his copy before I got mine.

Amy is a special person because she:

is a naturalist and environmental educator.
remains my dear childhood friend.
became a grandmother just a few days before I did.
and encourages me to follow my dreams and passions.


You can buy her book at Louisiana State University Press, www.lsupress.org,
and at Amazon Books, www.amazon.com/books.


Amy encourages Swamper's followers to research the rabbits in their own area of the world.
I'm sketching and learning about jackrabbits' habits here in Northern California.
What about you? Do some research. 

Sh! Reading 
With Heart

2 comments:

  1. It's nice for Swamper and I to have friends and fans in Danville, California (Maggie & Mark) and Zachary, Louisiana (Sheri & Bryan). I love the fact that Maggie is going to find out about rabbits, hares, and pikas in the west where she lives. That's our main mission: to get folks outside to look at nature. Thanks, Maggie, for you enthusiasm and comments about the book. We love you. Nature forever! Amy & Swamper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy & Swamper, thank you for your encouragement and inspiration. Gotta go outside now and look and listen.

    ReplyDelete