Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lembert Dome, Eastern Sierra


Tuolumne Meadows in Eastern Yosemite is about an hour and a half from our 
1950's motel on 395.We spent our last day there, a good last memory of our trip.


We hiked up to Lembert Dome, Lembert Half-Dome for me since I didn't make it all the way to the summit you see over my right shoulder. As you can see, the view is magnificent.


Hiking along the John Muir Trail was awesome since I am a big fan of his. He wrote about the 'warm heart of nature.' The trail is part of the Pacific Crest Trail. 
The sign is leaning, not me. 


I was thrilled to find this fritillary butterfly on the ground by the trail. I knew I was supposed to leave it for the insects to recycle, but I just couldn't. By the time we finished lunch, a huge black ants was already eating the dead butterfly. Part of its wing was moving away, carried by another  ant. 
That's nature! 


As you know, I can't pass a body of water without getting my feet wet. 
The Tuolumne River is cold.


You can see the other side of Lembert Dome over the head of that hiker who was kind enough to let me take his picture so you could have some perspective of the height of the dome.

Until the Next Adventure
With Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment