Friday, August 10, 2012

Sierra Nevada Field Journaling Workshop


Come with me as I show you sights and lessons I learned about observing, sketching and writing about nature at the workshop.

I notice...
I wonder...
This reminds me...


I notice the pathway winding through this grove of tall trees.
I wonder how they found room to grow between the creek and the mountains.
This reminds me of Girl Scout Camp at Piney Woods in north Louisiana.


Art is a tool for learning.
Observation is the goal.

Water drips from the fungus on the underside of fallen tree.
You try it.
I notice...
I wonder...
This reminds me...


Do you remember the joy and skill of skipping rocks?


When was the last time you walked on a fallen tree across a creek?
I hung my hat on the roots of this bridge I balanced well on. 

Observing
With Heart

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I was so curious as to how this came out and it sounds wonder.....full. I know you were a wonderful asset and source of energy for all the participants. So eager to learn. So eager to share. So observant and curiosity. Yep, curiosity is the key. We have to curious about the next step and we have to be willing to step out on that log across the creek. Kinda scary, but aren't we happy when we've made it across without falling in. It sounds like you just had a big "amen" to the direction you were heading. I wonder where she will go next? Love you lots and love, love, love your curious Hart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you know I meant....so observant and curious. That's what I get for typing after 2 wine coolers.

    ReplyDelete